Generic Amoxicillin Capsules provide a broad spectrum of antibiotic activity against common gram-positive and gram-negative pathogens. The antibiotic is rapidly absorbed into most body tissue and fluids following administration, and it is stable in the presence of gastric acid so it can be given without regard to meals.
Generic Amoxicillin Capsules are approved for treatment of susceptible organisms causing the following infections:
- Respiratory infections (tonsillitis, tracheobronchitis) due to Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus spp., E. coli and Proteus mirabilis.
- Genitourinary tract infections (cystitis) due to Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus spp., E. coli and Proteus mirabilis.
- Gastrointestinal tract infections (bacterial gastroenteritis) due to Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus spp., E. coli and Proteus mirabilis.
- Bacterial dermatitis due to Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus spp. and Proteus mirabilis.
- Soft-tissue infections (abscesses, lacerations, wounds) due to Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus spp., E. coli and Proteus mirabilis.
Disposal of Unused Prescription Medications
- Return unwanted or unused medications to Revival Animal Health in person, or visit www.disposemymeds.org to find a pharmacy near you.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here
Disposal of Medical Sharps
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of Sharps Container
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.
Most animals tolerate amoxicillin very well.
Amoxicillin is a semi-synthetic penicillin and may potentially produce allergic reactions. May cause decreased appetite, vomiting and diarrhea. Giving with food decreases the chances of side effects.
For use in dogs and cats only. Not for use in animals that are raised for food production. Not for use in pregnant or breeding animals.
Use extreme caution when using in animals with a history of penicillin allergy. If no improvement is seen within 5 days, diagnosis should be reconsidered.
Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Active ingredients: 250 mg Amoxicillin