What is a DA2PPV + Cv vaccine?
A DAPPv + Cv vaccine (also known as a DA2PPv + Cv) is a combination vaccine for dogs and puppies. A combination dog vaccine offers protection against several dog serious diseases in a single shot. The DAPPv + Cv offers dogs protection against Canine Distemper, Adenovirus Type 1 (hepatitis), Adenovirus Type 2 (kennel cough), Parainfluenza, Parvovirus and Canine Coronavirus. These canine diseases are caused by viruses and are very contagious, so vaccination is the best way to keep dogs protected.
A 6-way dog vaccine contains modified-live or killed versions of common canine diseases. Like other dog vaccines, DA2PPV + Cv vaccines must be kept cool and refrigerated until they are administered through injection.
When Should a Dog Be Given a DA2PP + Cv 6 in 1 Vaccine?
A 6-in-1 vaccine for dogs is recommended for breeding dogs that are not often exposed to areas of standing water outdoors. It’s important to note, that vaccinating a pregnant dog is not recommended. However, since most fatal cases of canine coronavirus are seen in puppies under 10 weeks of age, the key to their protection is increasing mom’s maternal antibodies so she can pass on protection from canine coronavirus to her puppies through her colostrum. Giving a mom dog a vaccine with coronavirus every year (only when she is not pregnant) will help keep her colostrum immunity up. The 6 in 1 vaccine for dogs schedule recommends annual revaccination for all adult dogs. The DA2PP + Cv 6 in 1 puppy vaccine can generally be given to puppies starting at 6 weeks of age.
Benefits of 6-in-1 Dog Vaccines
A 6 in 1 vaccine for dogs provides protection against some of the most common and potentially fatal diseases in dogs. The canine diseases that a 6 way vaccine for dogs protects against are:
- Canine Parvovirus: A highly contagious and potentially fatal disease. Especially dangerous for puppies.
- Canine Parainfluenza: Respiratory tract infection that is typically more severe in young puppies.
- Canine Hepatitis (Adenovirus type 1): Causes reoccurring respiratory problems.
- Kennel Cough (Adenovirus type 2): Seldom fatal, however, constant coughing can last up to three weeks.
- Canine Distemper Virus: Highly contagious and usually fatal for both puppies and older dogs.
- Canine Coronavirus: Highly contagious and can be fatal, especially for puppies under 10 weeks of age.
The 6 in 1 dog shot does not cover rabies.
Browse Revival Animal Health’s DA2PPV + Cv Vaccines
We are the Pet Vaccine Experts. At Revival Animal Health our Pet Care Pros have the vaccine knowledge to answer any DA2PPV + Cv vaccine questions you may have. We also offer a wide selection of the 6 way vaccine for dogs so you are certain to find the best vaccine for your dog or puppy. We invite you to browse our selection of 6 way dog shots today.