Cat vaccinations are designed to protect your cat or kitten from several types of preventable diseases. Annual vaccines can help protect your cat against rabies, feline leukemia, Bordetella and more. Knowing what vaccines cats need is important. Many combination vaccines help protect against several diseases in one dose. If you aren’t sure which combination vaccine is best for your cat, use Revival’s Vaccine Finder tool. This free resource provides recommended cat vaccines personalized for your pet.
What Vaccinations Does Your Cat Need?
Cat vaccines are not one-size-fits-all. Core vaccinations are recommended for most of all cats, regardless of lifestyle or location. Non core vaccinations are needed in certain cases depending on the cat's lifestyle, needs and risk level. The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) recommends creating a vaccine program for your cat that includes the core vaccines and any non-core vaccines depending on your cat's lifestyle. The frequency of vaccinations for your pet can vary so developing a vaccination schedule with your vet is important.
Core cat vaccines include:
- Rabies virus (required by law)
- Panleukopenia (Distemper)
- Rhinotracheitis (Herpes)
Non-core cat vaccines include:
- Feline leukemia – Recommended for all kittens and young cats up to three years old. If the cat spends time outdoors, continue vaccination past age three. If the cat is indoors 100 percent of the time, they don’t necessarily need to continue vaccination past age three.
- Bordetella - Recommended for cats that are boarded, groomed or live in multiple cat/pet homes.
- Chlamydia Psittaci – Recommended vaccine for cats exposed to other cats.
The FVRCP vaccine (3-way cat vaccination) offers protection against the "Core" feline diseases of feline rhinotracheitis, calicivirus and panleukopenia and are recommended for indoor cats that are not around other cats. 3-way cat vaccines with feline leukemia protects against feline rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, panleukopenia and feline leukemia and are recommended for indoor cats that are around other cats. 4-way shot for cats add "Non-Core" disease protection against Chlamydia psittaci and feline leukemia and is recommended for cats that live both indoors and outdoors. The Revival Vaccine Finder will help you determine which non-core vaccines are recommended for your cat.
The Benefits of Vaccinating Your Cat
The majority of cats respond well to vaccines. If you’re asking yourself should I vaccinate my cat, consider the following vaccine benefits:
- Prevent many potentially fatal cat illnesses from ever impacting your cat.
- Save money by avoiding costly vet visits for treating a preventable disease.
- Prevent the spread of common feline diseases to other cats, people, dogs and other animals.
- Meet state laws and requirements.
- Kitten vaccination is an important first step in giving kittens a healthy start at life.
Order Safe, Effective Cat Vaccinations Online
Shop Revival’s large selection of feline vaccines. At Revival we are the Pet Vaccine Experts. We are number one in vaccine selection and product knowledge. Our vaccine packaging and shipping is safe, tested and fast. 99.86% of vaccine orders arrive to their destination at the proper temperature. If you aren’t sure what the best cat vaccine is for your cat or kitten, call our Pet Care Pros at 800.786.4751 and they are happy to help.