- The WITNESS® Relaxin Test kit measures the amount of relaxin in the blood to distinguish between pseudo pregnancy and gestation
- Requires only a small sample of serum or plasma
- Gives results within 10 minutes
- Canine and feline pregnancy test kit
- For veterinary use only
Do not use components after expiration date.
Refrigeration not required. Store the test kit at 2-25°C (35-77°F). Do not freeze.
Use the test within 10 minutes after opening the sealed pouch.
Use a separate pipette for each sample.
1. Sample application: Tear open the pouch provided and place the test on a flat surface for the duration of the test. Squeeze the provided pipette near the sealed end. Insert the pipette into the serum or plasma sample and draw up a small amount. Holding the pipette vertically, transfer two drops into window #1.
2. Buffer dispensing: Remove the cap from the buffer bottle, hold it vertically and add two drops of buffer into window #1.
3. Reading test: Wait 10 minutes, and then observe the presence or absence of pink/purple bands in reading windows #2 (sample results) and #3 (control).
Validation: Test is validated if a pink/purple band is present in the reading window #3.
Negative for relaxin: No band in reading window #2, with one pink/purple band in window #3. Any negative result is considered indicative of non-pregnancy.
Positive for relaxin: One pink/purple band in reading window #2, with one pink/purple band in window #3. A positive result is considered indicative of pregnancy. A weak positive result may be observed at the beginning of pregnancy.
It is recommended to repeat the test on a fresh sample to confirm negative or positive results.