Sterile Saline Solution is a replacement therapy for sodium, chloride and water which may become depleted during illness. Because this solution is isotonic with body fluids, it may be used as a solvent or diluent for antibiotics and other pharmaceuticals and biologicals where compatible. It can also be used for washing mucous membranes or other tissue surfaces. For animal use only. Label may be different than shown.
Store between 15°C and 30°C (59°F-86°F).
Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Warm to body temperature and administer slowly by intravenous or subcutaneous injection. The amount and rate of administration must be judged by the veterinarian in relation to the condition being treated and the clinical response of the animal, being careful to avoid over hydration. When used as a solvent or diluent for pharmaceuticals and biologicals, follow manufacturer's directions.
Caution: This product contains no preservatives. Use entire contents when first opened. Discard any unused solution.
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
For use in animals only.
Not for human use.
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state"s regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.
0.9gm Sodium Chloride.
Milliequivalents per liter
Cations: Sodium, 154 mEq/L
Anions: Chloride, 154 mEq/L
Total osmolarity is 308 milliosmoles per liter.
Sterile. Contains no preservatives.