The Oster® Gentle Paws Premium Nail Trimmer provides a fast, gentle and stress-free way to trim your pet's nails. The safety guard holds the nail in place and prevents accidental hair winding, while the rotating head quickly and gently files your pet's nails. This cordless trimmer has two speeds and a whisper-quiet rotary motor. It is ideal for use on all breeds of dogs and cats. Up to 5 times faster than other nail grinders, it painlessly files even the toughest of nails. The medium sanding band grinds nails down quickly, while the fine sanding band removes rough or sharp edges, leaving a super smooth finish. Includes a large grinding stone, two sanding bands, a grinding drum and a step-by-step guide. Requires 4 AA batteries (not included). One year limited warranty.
Includes a large grinding stone, two sanding bands, a grinding drum and a step-by-step guide.
Intended to be used as a pet nail trimmer only.
This product is recommended to be used with the Safety Guard in place at all times.
Only use Oster® replacement bands and stones with this product.
Always use this nail trimmer in position 1 first, then change to position 2 only if necessary.
Getting the Gentle Paws Nail Trimmer Ready:
1. Open battery compartment door and instill 4 1.5V 'AA' batteries.
2. Press Collet Lock Button and turn Collet to open.
3. Insert grinding band or stone into the Collet.
4. Hold Collet Lock Button and turn Collet to close and secure band or stone.
5. Test to make sure the band or stone is secure.
6. Place Safety Guard on trimmer by screwing on and securing tightly. NOTE: Using the Gentle Paws nail trimmer without the Safety Guard can cause injury or damage to unprotected areas.
Before Trimming your Pet's Nails:
1. You should secure your pet before nail trimming. It may be helpful to have another person help you restrain and comfort your pet. The operator should have both hands available for trimming the pet's nails.
2. Rub their paws with your hands and allow them to get used to the touch.
3. Introduce the nail trimmer to your pet with it in the off position.
4. Acclimate your pet to the nail trimmer with it on while giving praise and treats.
5. After a few rounds of introduction, your pet should be on its way to a safe and healthy groom.
6. Remember - you are in charge. The more assertive you are, the more comfortable your pet will become.
7. Be patient with your pet. Do not use the nail trimmer until your pet is completely comfortable.
Trimming Pet's Nails:
1. Always start in position 1 (speed). Hold the unit near the pet for a few seconds before filing to ensure the pet's comfort. Take the pet's paw and gently squeeze the nail between the thumb and pointer finger to extract nail.
2. Insert a nail into the Safety Guard opening that is best for your pet's nail size. Begin filing each nail, no more than 2 to 4 seconds. Never trim one nail completely. Alternate between each nail.
3. Look at the nail each time you file to ensure you are taking off layer by layer. Work the nail trimmer from the bottom of the nail to the top - in a slow, methodical motion. This will round off the nail and leave a smooth finish.
4. Trim around sides of nail to remove sharp edges.
5. Stop when you get close to the Quick. You will see the Quick begin to appear when you look at the nail head.
For Long-Haired Breeds:
It is very important to keep your pet's hair out of the way - it may be best to put a stocking or sock over the paw, foot and leg of the pet and isolate the nail. Push the nail through an opening at the tip of the sock to trim the nails.
How to Clean the Gentle Paws Nail Trimmer:
1. Ensure the trimmer is off and remove batteries.
2. Never clean the nail trimmer or replace stone/bands with the motor on.
3. Wipe the nail trimmer with a damp cloth.
4. Never use the nail trimmer with water.
5. Remove Safety Guard and wipe debris with damp cloth.