Incurin (estriol) Tablets
- This product is available by prescription only.
- Due to federal and state laws, we cannot accept returns on prescription items.
- Incurin® (estriol) Tablets effectively treat female canine urinary incontinence in spayed females
- Contains estriol, a naturally occurring, short-acting estrogen
- One simple starting dose for all female dogs
Due to manufacturer restrictions, this product is excluded from promotions, sales and coupons.
Incurin® is unique because the starting dose is the same for all female dogs and can also be titrated down to the lowest effective dose.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION: Incurin is indicated for the control of estrogen-responsive urinary incontinence in ovariohysterectomized dogs. The most common side effects associated with Incurin treatment under field conditions included loss of appetite, vomiting, excessive water drinking, and swollen vulva. The safety and effectiveness of Incurin Tablets have not been evaluated in dogs less than 1 year of age, intact female dogs, male dogs, dogs used for breeding, or lactating dogs. Incurin is contraindicated in dogs showing polyuria secondary to polydipsia, or in pregnant dogs. Please see the full prescribing information for more details.
The most common side effects associated with Incurin® treatment included loss of appetite, vomiting, excessive water drinking and swollen vulva. Other side effects that could occur are: anorexia, emesis, polydipsia, anxiety, sexual attractiveness, somnolence, hypersalivation, estrous behavior, and mammary hyperplasia.
Human Warnings: Women who are of child-bearing age or those who are breastfeeding should use caution when administering Incurin® Tablets. Wash your hands with soap and water after administration to avoid exposure to the drug. Consult a physician in case of accidental ingestion by humans.
Animal Warnings: Some estrogens have been associated with bone marrow changes and an increased risk of mammary tumors. However, target animal safety study results and foreign post-market pharmacovigilance data for Incurin® Tablets have shown that estriol-treated dogs are at low risk for developing these conditions.
Do not use with other estrogens. The concomitant use of Incurin® Tablets with glucocorticoids has not been evaluated. The use of Incurin® table in dogs with liver disease has not been evaluated. The safe use of Incurin® Tablets has not been evaluated in intact female dogs, pregnant or lactating dogs, male dogs, and dogs less than 1 one year of age.
Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Keep out of the reach of children
Disposal of Unused Prescription Medications
- Return unwanted or unused medications to Revival Animal Health in person, or visit www.disposemymeds.org to find a pharmacy near you.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here.
Disposal of Medical Sharps
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of Sharps Container
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.
Store at or below 25°C (77°F) with excursions permitted to 40°C (104°F)