Drontal® Plus for dogs removes and controls internal parasites in canines, providing first-line defense against tapeworms, hookworms, roundworms, and whipworms and reducing the risk of parasite transmission. This comprehensive Drontal® Plus canine dewormer uses three active ingredients to eliminate worms in dogs. With Drontal® Plus for puppies and small dogs, the synergistic effect of Pyrantel Pamoate and Febantel effectively eliminates more worms than either ingredient can do alone. Find Drontal® Plus for sale per tablet in 68 mg and 136 mg options.
Disposal of Unused Prescription Medications
- Return unwanted or unused medications to Revival Animal Health in person, or visit www.disposemymeds.org to find a pharmacy near you.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here
Disposal of Medical Sharps
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of Sharps Container
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.
Clinical and safety studies with Drontal® Plus have shown a wide safety margin at the recommended dose level in dogs.
Side effects are rare, but may include diarrhea, vomiting, loss of appetite or drooling.
Drontal Plus should not be used in pregnant animals or dogs weighing less than 2 lb or puppies less than 3 weeks of age.
Strict hygienic precautions should be taken when handling dogs or feces suspected of harboring E. multilocularis. Infected dogs treated for the first time with Drontal® Plus Tablets and dogs treated at intervals greater than 28 days may shed eggs in the feces after treatment. The animal should be held in the clinic during this interval and all feces should be incinerated or autoclaved. If these procedures are not possible, the eggs can be destroyed by soaking the feces in a sodium hypochlorite (bleach) solution of 3.75% or greater. All areas where the animal was maintained or in contact with should be thoroughly cleaned with sodium hypochlorite and allowed to dry completely before reuse.
Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Keep out of the reach of children
Active Ingredients: 22.7mg: Praziquantel 22.7 mg, Pyrantel Pamoate 22.7 mg, Febantel 113.4 mg
68 mg: Praziquantel 68 mg, Pyrantel Pamoate 68 mg, Febantel 340.2 mg
136 mg: Praziquantel 136 mg, Pyrantel Pamoate 136 mg, Febantel 680.4 mg
Store at controlled room temperatures between 59°F to 86°F (15°C to 30°C).