Clavamox chewable tablets for dogs and cats contains amoxicillin/clavulanate potassium. Clavamox tabs can be used to treat urinary tract, skin and respiratory tract infections.
Disposal of Unused Prescription Medications
- Return unwanted or unused medications to Revival Animal Health in person, or visit www.disposemymeds.org to find a pharmacy near you.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here
Disposal of Medical Sharps
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of Sharps Container
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.
Possible Side Effects: Most animals tolerate amoxicillin clavulanate very well, but it may cause decreased appetite, vomiting and diarrhea. Side effects that may be serious in dogs and cats are fever, rashes, trouble breathing and pale gums. Cats may experience a complete loss of appetite. If you see any of these, contact your veterinarian immediately.
Precautions: Amoxicillin/clavulanate should not be used in patients with a history of hypersensitivity to penicillins.
Do not give to rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, hamsters, rodents or other pocket pets since life-threatening diarrhea may occur.
Warning: Overdoses can be very dangerous. Keep out of reach of children and animals. Not for human use.
Always follow the dosage instructions provided by your veterinarian. If you have difficulty giving the medication, contact your veterinarian.
If you miss a dose, give it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the one you missed and go back to the regular schedule. Do not give two doses at once.
This medication should only be given to the pet for whom it was prescribed.
Cautions: Keep out of reach of children and animals.
Active Ingredients: Amoxicillin/Clavulanate
Storage: Clavamox Chewable Tablets should be stored at room temperature in their original packaging or prescription bottle.