Baytril® Taste Tabs® treat and manage a variety of bacterial pathogens. Baytril kills a broad range of disease-causing bacteria at the site of infection. Effective against both gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria in the urinary tract, respiratory system and skin. Baytril is a broad-spectrum fluoroquinolone designed for the management of bacterial pathogens. It is indicated for the management of diseases associated with bacteria susceptible to Enrofloxacin. Baytril® Taste Tabs® are for dogs and cats.
Enrofloxacin is contraindicated in dogs and cats known to be hypersensitive to quinolones. The safe use of Enrofloxacin has not been established in large and giant breeds during the rapid growth phase. The use of Enrofloxacin is contraindicated in small and medium breed dogs during the rapid growth phase (between 2 and 8 months of age).
Disposal of Unused Prescription Medications
- Return unwanted or unused medications to Revival Animal Health in person, or visit www.disposemymeds.org to find a pharmacy near you.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here
Disposal of Medical Sharps
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of Sharps Container
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.
Baytril is well tolerated by the patient, with few side effects.
May see signs of gastrointestinal effects (vomiting, diarrhea, anorexia, elevated liver enzymes), neurologic (ataxia, seizures) or behavioral (depression, lethargy, nervousness). Cats may also see ocular effects such as mydriasis, retinal degeneration or loss of vision.
For use in animals only.
In rare instances, use of this product in cats has been associated with Retinal Toxicity. Do not exceed 5 mg/kg of body weight per day in cats.
Safety in breeding or pregnant cats has not been established.
Individuals with a history of hypersensitivity to quinolones should avoid this product.
Quinolone-class drugs should be used with caution in animals with known or suspected Central Nervous System (CNS) disorders. In such animals, quinolones have, in rare instances, been associated with CNS stimulation which may lead to convulsive seizures.
The use of fluoroquinolones in cats has been reported to adversely affect the retina. Such products should be used with caution in cats.
Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Keep out of the reach of children
Active Ingredient: Enrofloxacin.
Dispense tablets in tight containers only. Store at or below 77°F (25°C).