Pet Health Tips, Pet Products
The 5 Best Medicated Dog Shampoos in 2022
October 27, 2022
- Vet Basics Sebo Plus
- Vet Basics ChlorConazole
- Vet Basics Chlor 4
- Pramoxine Anti-Itch Shampoo
- Goodwinol Shampoo
The Best Medicated Shampoos for Dogs
1. Vet Basics Sebo PlusPrice: $20.99 (16 oz) – $99.99 (Gallon) Instructions: Use 2-3 times per week for up to 4 weeks Use Cases: Seborrhea, bacterial skin infections, acne, mange First on our list, Vet Basics Sebo Plus is one of the all-around best medicated dog shampoos for skin allergies, itchy skin, and bacterial infections. Active ingredients benzoyl peroxide and micronized sulfur work to remove scales and oils from your dog’s skin and relieve symptoms of seborrhea, acne, and demodectic mange while preventing the growth of bacteria and fungi. It also contains oatmeal and moisturizer to help hydrate and soothe irritated skin caused by dryness and scratching.
2. Vet Basics ChlorConazolePrice: $22.99 (16 oz) – $119.99 (Gallon) Instructions: Use 2-3 times per week for up to 4 weeks Use Cases: Bacterial, fungal, and yeast skin infections Some skin conditions, such as rash, hair loss, lesions, and itchy skin, are caused by infections. In these cases, it’s important to choose a product that targets the source of the symptoms in addition to the symptoms themselves. Vet Basics ChlorConazole contains chlorhexidine gluconate, an antiseptic, and ketoconazole, an antifungal medicine, to help manage bacteria and fungi effectively. One of the best antibacterial and antifungal dog shampoos, ChlorConazole is also available in spray and wipe formats as needed.
3. Vet Basics Chlor 4 ShampooPrice: $20.99 (16 oz) Instructions: Use 2-3 times per week for up to 4 weeks Use Cases: Bacterial skin infections If your dog is dealing specifically with symptoms stemming from a bacterial infection, Vet Basics Chlor 4 is another option to consider. It also contains chlorhexidine gluconate, this time at a higher concentration, making it an effective medicated dog shampoo for bacterial infections that are more persistent.
4. Pramoxine Anti-Itch ShampooPrice: $11.99 (12 oz) Instructions: Use up to once per week as needed Use Cases: Itchy, dry, and flaky skin Another medicated dog shampoo for allergies, Pramoxine Anti-Itch Shampoo helps provide relief from itchy skin caused by seborrhea and other conditions. Pramoxine hydrochloride, the primary ingredient, targets and manages the discomfort while colloidal oatmeal moisturizes and conditions the skin to help reduce dryness and flaking going forward.
5. Goodwinol Shampoo
- Price: $29.99 (32 oz) – $59.99 (Gallon)
- Instructions: Use as needed
- Use Cases: Itchy skin caused by fleas, mites, and mosquitoes