- The Lixit® Bird Deluxe Glass Water Bottle has thick-wall glass with a special, no-leak seal design
- Non-toxic stopper and stainless steel, double ball-point tube keep water fresh, clean and sanitary
- Stainless steel holder is easy to install and fits most cages
- All parts are dishwasher safe
- Designed for birds but can also be used for puppies and other small animals
Check water and drinking tube daily.
Ball-point tubes work on vacuum-lock, not a valve seal. The control ball serves as a piston and releases water out of the tube when nudged inwardly. When the bottle is filled and first inverted, you must press in the control ball and let the water trickle out until a vacuum lock develops inside the bottle (before placing it on the cage). Be sure the rubber stopper is securely pressed into the bottle neck. Momentary slow dripping may continue until the water warms up to the surrounding air temperature. It is helpful to fill the bottle with room temperature water. Occasional dripping may also occur from air expansion inside the bottle due to temperature increase, or immediately after your pet finishes drinking. This is normal.
The unique, quick-release locking bottle holder is designed for universal application and can be installed on most any wire, metal or wooden cage. Tools are required for assembly. Simply select a convenient location and position the holder so that the tube tip will be about head high to your bird or pet. Cut-out or spread cage wires apart if needed for the tube opening. Install with screws and mounting washers. Be sure the cut-out notches on the locking bracket are facing downwards. The mounting washers can be mounted onto horizontal, vertical or diagonal cage wire (as on a chain link fence). Tighten screws securely.