Canine Parvovirus and Coronavirus are widespread diseases that cause outbreaks of vomiting and diarrhea in dogs. Because the clinical signs of these two diseases are very similar, it is difficult to differentiate between the viruses by the signs alone. The Antigen Parvovirus-Coronavirus Test Kit uses highly purified antibodies produced by biotechnology for the detection of canine Parvovirus and Coronavirus antigens. This highly sensitive and specific test is simple and easy to use. The procedure includes taking a sample of canine feces. Results are ready after only 5-10 minutes! This test can be stored at room temperature. Comes with specimen tubes, sample collection swabs, and disposable droppers. Made in USA. USDA Licensed. Do not freeze.
For use with dogs only.
Samples from canine feces should be used for this test. The specimens should be tested immediately after collection.
The kit can be stored at room temperature or refrigerated. Do not freeze. Do not store in direct sunlight.
- Collect a sample from canine feces using a swab.
- Insert the swab into a specimen tube containing 1 ml of assay diluent.
- Mix the swab sample with the assay diluent vigorously to extract the viruses.
- Remove a test device from an aluminum foil pouch, and place it on a flat and dry surface.
- Using a disposable dropper provided, take an aliquot from the extracted and mixed sample in the tube.
- If the feces particles are large, wait 1 minute until the large particles are settled, and then take the supernatant of the sample in the tube.
- Add four drops into the sample hole using the disposable dropper. The assay diluent should be added exactly, slowly, drop by drop.
- As the test begins to work, you will see a purple color move across the result window in the center of the test device. If the migration has not appeared after 1 minute, add one more drop of the mixed assay diluent to the sample well.
- Interpret test results at 5-10 minutes. Do not decide after 20 minutes.
Specimen tubes contain assay diluent buffer (preservative: sodium azide).