- Results in 15 minutes
- Non-toxic & non-hazardous
- Diagnoses most major feline and canine intestinal parasites
- Easy to use
- Highly effective
Helps isolate the most common intestinal parasites including tapeworms, roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, stomach worms, coccidian, giardia, flukes, larvae and more. No centrifugation needed. A microscope is needed to read the results.
Storage: Store at room temperature. Do no expose to sun or heat. Does not require refrigeration.
- Add sample (approximately 2 grams) to PARATEST® bottle using collection scoop (2 cones of solid stool or 6 spoons of liquid stool).
- Use pin at bottom of vial to scrape away stool from cone.
- Sample may be stored up to 15 days prior to processing.
- Ensure lid and green cap are secure.
- Shake to homogenize the sample (solid stool should be completely broken up to create a uniform mixture).
- Tap down bottle several times to clear lid of liquid.
- Remove green cap.
The SIR Technique
Squeeze bottle to release gases and continue to hold.
Invert bottle so the cone end faces down.
Release the pressure on bottle to create a vacuum as it's placed in tray.
- Let bottle sit inverted for 15 minutes. Patented micron filter separates debris from ova and parasites
- No centrifugation is needed.
- Lift vial from tray (do not turn vial upright).
- Discard one drop from bottle and dispense the next drop on a clean slide.
- A drop of Lugol's may be used on the slide to enhance the contrast.
- Finish with a coverslip and the sample is ready for analysis through the use of a microscope.
Microscope, slides, and slide covers not included