- This product is available by prescription only.
- Due to federal and state laws, we cannot accept returns on prescription items.
- Claro Otic Solution is prescribed to treat otitis externa associated with susceptible strains of yeast (Malazzezia pachydermatis) and bacteria (Staphylococcus pseudintermedius) in dogs
- For dogs with intact tympanic membranes
- Claro ear medication lasts 30 days
Claro Otic Solution combines three active ingredients – florfenicol (antibacterial), terbinafine (antifungal), and mometasone furoate (steroidal anti-inflammatory) – to treat otitis externa, or ear infection. One dose of Claro Otic Solution for dogs should be administered per affected ear, helping provide effective treatment for up to 30 days at a time. Due to federal and state law, Claro ear treatment for dogs can't be returned after purchase.
The use of Claro in dogs with perforated tympanic membranes has not been evaluated. Confirm the integrity of the tympanic membranes before administering Claro.
Reevaluate treatment if hearing loss or signs of vestibular dysfunction are observed.
Use with caution in dogs with impaired liver function.
Safe use in breeding, pregnant and lactating dogs has not been evaluated.
Disposal of Unused Prescription Medications
- Return unwanted or unused medications to Revival Animal Health in person, or visit www.disposemymeds.org to find a pharmacy near you.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here.
Disposal of Medical Sharps
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of Sharps Container
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.