Simparica Trio for dogs is an oral medication given monthly and used for the prevention of heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis. It is also used for the treatment and control of roundworm (immature adult and adult Toxocara canis and adult Toxascaris leonina) and adult hookworm (Ancylostoma caninum and Uncinaria stenocephala) infections.
Simparica Trio kills adult fleas (Ctenocephalides felis) and is used for the treatment and prevention of flea infestations, and the treatment and control of tick infestations with Amblyomma americanum (lone star tick), Amblyomma maculatum (Gulf Coast tick), Dermacentor variabilis (American dog tick), Ixodes scapularis (black-legged tick), and Rhipicephalus sanguineus (brown dog tick).
For use in dogs and puppies 8 weeks of age and older and weighing 2.8 pounds or greater.
For dogs and puppies 8 weeks of age and older and weighing 2.8 pounds or greater.
Disposal of Unused Prescription Medications
- Return unwanted or unused medications to Revival Animal Health in person, or visit www.disposemymeds.org to find a pharmacy near you.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here
Disposal of Medical Sharps
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of Sharps Container
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.
Side Effects: Side effects of Simparica Trio may include vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, loss of appetite, lethargy or hyperactivity.
Serious side effects include persistent or worsening loss of appetite, vomiting and/or diarrhea, tremors or seizures, and difficulty walking. If you see any of these signs, contact your veterinarian immediately.
Warnings: Sarolaner, one of the ingredients in Simparica Trio, is a member of the isoxazoline class. This class has been associated with neurologic adverse reactions including tremors, ataxia, and seizures. Seizures have been reported in dogs receiving isoxazoline class drugs, even in dogs without a history of seizures. Use with caution in dogs with a history of seizures or neurologic disorders.
Prior to administration of Simparica Trio, dogs should be tested for existing heartworm infections. Infected dogs should be treated with an adulticide to remove adult heartworms. SIMPARICA TRIO is not effective against adult D. immitis.
The safe use of Simparica Trio has not been evaluated in breeding, pregnant, or lactating dogs.
Overdoses can be very dangerous. Keep out of reach of children and animals.
Always follow the dosage instructions provided by your veterinarian. If you have difficulty giving the medication, contact your veterinarian.
If you miss a dose, give it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the one you missed and go back to the regular schedule. Do not give two doses at once.
This medication should only be given to the pet for whom it was prescribed.
Active Ingredients: Sarolaner, Moxidectin and Pyrantel
Storage: Store at or below 30°C (86°F)