- This product is available by prescription only.
- Due to federal and state laws, we cannot accept returns on prescription items.
- Sentinel® Flavor Tabs® provides multi-parasite protection for dogs
- Once a month oral treatment for Heartworm disease, fleas, roundworms, hookworms and whipworms
- Breaks the life cycle of fleas at both the egg and larval stages
- Kills heartworm larvae before clinical signs can occur
|2 to 10 lb|
|11 to 25 lb|
|26 to 50 lb|
|51 to 100 lb|
For concurrent dosing of Sentinel® Flavor Tabs® and Capstar® Tablets, see package insert.
Sentinel® Flavor Tabs® are palatable and most dogs will consume the tablet when offered by the owner. As an alternative to direct dosing, the tablets can be hidden in food. Be certain the dog consumes the entire tablet or tablets. Administer Sentinel® Flavor Tabs® to dogs, immediately after or in conjunction with a normal meal. Food is essential for adequate absorption of Lufenuron. Watch the dog closely following administration to be sure the entire dose has been consumed. If it is not entirely consumed, redose with the full recommended dose as soon as possible.
Sentinel® Flavor Tabs® must be administered monthly, preferably on the same date each month. Treatment with Sentinel® Flavor Tabs® may begin at any time of year. In geographic areas where mosquitoes and fleas are seasonal, the treatment schedule should begin one month prior to the expected onset and should continue until the end of "mosquito and flea season." In areas with year-round infestations, treatment should continue through the entire year without interruption.
If a dose is missed and a 30-day interval between dosing is exceeded, administer Sentinel® Flavor Tabs® immediately and resume the monthly dosing schedule. If Sentinel® Flavor Tabs® replace daily diethylcarbamazine (DEC) for Heartworm prevention, the first dose must be given within 30 days after the last dose of DEC.
Sentinel® Flavor Tabs® are available in in four tablet sizes and formulated according to the weight of the dog. Each tablet size is available in color-coded packages of 6 tablets per package.
Brown: 2-10 lb
Green: 11-25 lb
Yellow: 26-50 lb
White: 51-100 lb
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION: Dogs should be tested for heartworm prior to use. In a small percentage of treated dogs, digestive, neurologic, and skin side effects may occur. For complete product information refer to the product insert.
Well tolerated at the veterinarian's recommended dosage.
The following adverse reactions have been reported in dogs after giving Milbemycin Oxime or Lufenuron: vomiting, depression/lethargy, pruritus, urticaria, diarrhea, anorexia, skin congestion, ataxia, convulsions, hypersalivation and weakness.
There are no known food or drug interactions, and Sentinel® is considered safe in pregnant and lactating animals.
Do not use in puppies less than four weeks of age and less than two pounds of body weight.
Prior to administration of Sentinel® Flavor Tabs®, dogs should be tested for existing heartworm infections. Infected dogs should be treated to remove adult heartworms and microfilariae prior to initiating treatment with Sentinel® Flavor Tabs®. Mild, transient hypersensitivity reactions manifested as labored respiration, vomiting, salivation and lethargy have been noted in some treated dogs carrying a high number of circulating microfilariae. These reactions are presumably caused by release of protein from dead or dying microfilariae.
Sentinel® Flavor Tabs® immediately break the flea life cycle by inhibiting egg development. However, pre-existing flea populations may continue to develop and emerge after treatment with Sentinel® Flavor Tabs® has begun. Based on results of clinical studies, this emergence generally occurs during the first 30-60 days. Therefore, noticeable control may not be observed until several weeks after dosing when a pre-existing infestation is present. Cooler geographic areas may have longer lag periods due to a prolonged flea life cycle. The concurrent use of an approved adulticide, like Capstar® may be employed depending on the severity of the infestation.
If a Sentinel® Flavor Tabs®-treated dog comes in contact with a flea-infested environment, adult fleas may infest the treated animal. These adult fleas are unable to produce viable offspring. The temporary use of an adulticide product may be necessary to kill these adult fleas.
The safety of the concurrent use of Sentinel® Flavor Tabs® and Capstar® Tablets in pregnant or nursing dogs or in puppies less than 11 weeks of age has not been demonstrated.
Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Keep out of the reach of children
Disposal of Unused Prescription Medications
- Return unwanted or unused medications to Revival Animal Health in person, or visit www.disposemymeds.org to find a pharmacy near you.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here.
Disposal of Medical Sharps
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of Sharps Container
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.
Store in a dry place at controlled room temperature, between 59° and 77°F (15-25°C).