Revolution Plus for cats is used for the prevention of heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis. Revolution Plus also kills adult fleas (Ctenocephalides felis) and is used for the treatment and prevention of flea infestations and the treatment and control of tick infestations from Ixodes scapularis (black-legged tick), Amblyomma maculatum (Gulf Coast tick) and Dermacentor variabilis (American dog tick).
This monthly preventative for cats also treats and controls ear mite (Otodectes cynotis) infestations, and roundworm (Toxocara cati) and intestinal hookworm (Ancylostoma tubaeforme) infections.
This cat flea, tick, and heartworm medicine is for cats and kittens 8 weeks and older and weighing 2.8 pounds or more.
For use in cats and kittens 8 weeks of age or older and weighing 2.8 pounds or more.
Disposal of Unused Prescription Medications
- Return unwanted or unused medications to Revival Animal Health in person, or visit www.disposemymeds.org to find a pharmacy near you.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here
Disposal of Medical Sharps
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of Sharps Container
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.
Side Effects: Side effects may include hair loss and/or irritation at the site of application, itchiness, loss of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, red, irritated eyes or sneezing and low energy level. When used as directed on the label, side effects are not likely.
Warnings: Sarolaner, one of the ingredients in Revolution Plus, is a member of the isoxazoline class. This class has been associated with neurologic adverse reactions including tremors, ataxia, and seizures. Neurologic adverse reactions have been reported in cats receiving isoxazoline class drugs, even in cats without a history of neurologic disorders. Use with caution in cats with a history of neurologic disorders.
The safe use of Revolution Plus has not been evaluated in kittens less than 8 weeks of age. The safe use of Revolution Plus has not been evaluated in breeding, pregnant, or lactating cats.
Overdoses can be very dangerous. Keep out of reach of children and animals.
Always follow the dosage instructions provided by your veterinarian. If you have difficulty giving the medication, contact your veterinarian.
If you miss a dose, give it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the one you missed and go back to the regular schedule. Do not give two doses at once.
This medication should only be given to the pet for whom it was prescribed.
Active Ingredients: Selemectin and Sarolaner Topical Solution
Storage: Store at or below 30°C (86°F)