Revolution for Dogs
- This product is available by prescription only.
- Due to federal and state laws, we cannot accept returns on prescription items.
Revolution for dogs (selamectin) is a topical parasiticide solution that helps protect your pet against several parasites. Revolution dog medicine is commonly used for the following purposes:
- Flea treatment for dogs
- Heartworm prevention for dogs
- Tick infestation and sarcoptic mange treatment for dogs
- Ear mite control for dogs
Canine Revolution treats fleas and ear mite infestations by killing the adults and preventing eggs from hatching. This also helps prevent heartworm disease. Applied to the skin of dogs over six weeks old, Revolution topical solution for dogs is also used to treat and control tick infestations and sarcoptic mange.
For any questions about Revolution for dogs, contact our Pet Care Pros at 800-786-4751 for quick and easy assistance.
AutoShip is now available! AutoShip is the most convenient way to get the items you need delivered on a regular schedule, so you never run out. You can also save 5% on every AutoShip Order.
High doses may cause neurological toxicity in dogs positive for the MDR1 mutation.
Overdoses can be very dangerous. Keep out of reach of children and animals.
Always follow the dosage instructions provided by your veterinarian. If you have difficulty giving the medication, contact your veterinarian.
If you miss a dose, give it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the one you missed and go back to the regular schedule. Do not give two doses at once.
This medication should only be given to the pet for whom it was prescribed.
Human Precautions: Revolution may be irritating to skin and eyes. Reactions such as hives, itching and skin redness have been reported in humans in rare instances.
Disposal of Unused Prescription Medications
- Return unwanted or unused medications to Revival Animal Health in person, or visit www.disposemymeds.org to find a pharmacy near you.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here.
Disposal of Medical Sharps
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of Sharps Container
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.
Storage: Store below 86°F.