Afoxolaner (NexGard) is a monthly prescription flea and tick medicine for dogs. Use for the treatment and prevention of infestations caused by fleas, American dog ticks, black-legged ticks, lone star ticks and brown dog ticks. Helps in the prevention of Lyme disease caused by a deer tick bite.
These chewable flea and tick tablets for dogs are beef flavored.
Disposal of Unused Prescription Medications
- Return unwanted or unused medications to Revival Animal Health in person, or visit www.disposemymeds.org to find a pharmacy near you.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here
Disposal of Medical Sharps
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of Sharps Container
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.
Afoxolaner should not be used in patients who are allergic to it. Use with caution in dogs with a history of seizures or epilepsy.
Do not use in puppies less than 8 weeks of age or dogs that weigh less than 4lb (1.8kg).
The use in breeding, pregnant or lactating dogs has not been evaluated.
Overdoses can be very dangerous. Keep out of reach of children and animals.
Always follow the dosage instructions provided by your veterinarian. If you have difficulty giving the medication, contact your veterinarian.
If you miss a dose, give it as soon as you remember, then wait the amount of time between doses recommended by your veterinarian before the next dose. Do not double-up or give extra doses.
This medication should only be given to the pet for whom it was prescribed.
Active Ingredients: Afoxolaner
Storage: Chewable tablets should be store at or below 86°F with excursions permitted up to 104°F.