- This product is available by prescription only.
- Due to federal and state laws, we cannot accept returns on prescription items.
- Helps alleviate acute bronchospasm in cats and horses
- Nebulizer solution used as a horse and cat asthma treatment
- Label may be different than shown
Do not use Albuterol in patients who are allergic to it. Use with caution in patients with heart disease, diabetes, glaucoma, hyperthyroidism, high blood pressure and seizure disorders.
Albuterol should not be used long term. This is for intermittent, rescue therapy only.
Use of Albuterol during pregnancy should only occur when the potential benefits outweigh the risks.
Overdoses of albuterol can be serious. Most commonly, this will be seen as excessive panting and aggressive or abnormal behaviors, including agitation (ie, anxious, nervous, upset) and trembling; vomiting can also be seen. If you witness or suspect an overdose, immediately contact your veterinarian or an animal poison control center for further advice.
Keep out of reach of children and animals.
Always follow the dosage instructions provided by your veterinarian. If you have difficulty giving the medication, contact your veterinarian.
If you miss a dose, give it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the one you missed and go back to the regular schedule. Do not give two doses at once.
This medication should only be given to the pet for whom it was prescribed.
Disposal of Unused Prescription Medications
- Return unwanted or unused medications to Revival Animal Health in person, or visit www.disposemymeds.org to find a pharmacy near you.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here.
Disposal of Medical Sharps
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of Sharps Container
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.
Storage: Albuterol nebulizer solution should be stored at room temperature of 2°C to 25°C (36°F-77°F). Discard solutions if they become colored. All Albuterol products should be protected from light.