Dermatologic Solution Tresaderm® is a topical treatment of certain skin and ear inflammations on dogs and cats caused by bacteria and fungus. Both acute and chronic forms of these skin disorders respond to treatment with Tresaderm®, including ringworm. Convenient drop form contains an antifungal, corticosteroid and a broad spectrum antibiotic. Active ingredients: Thiabendazole, Dexamethasone, Neomycin. Made in USA.
Before treating the ear canal with Dermatologic Solution Tresaderm®, remove wax secretions, foreign materials and crust which may be associated with dermatoses affecting other parts of the body. The container nozzle safely allows partial insertion into the ear canal for ease of administration. The amount to apply and the frequency of treatment are dependent upon the severity and extent of the lesions.
In treating dermatoses affecting other than the ear the surface of the lesions should be well moistened (2 to 4 drops per square inch) with Dermatologic Solution Tresaderm® twice daily. The volume required will be dependent upon the size of the lesion.
Follow the dosage instructions provided by your veterinarian.
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state"s regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.
On rare occasions dogs may be sensitive to neomycin. In these animals, application of the drug will result in erythema of the treated area, which may last 24 to 48 hours. Also, evidence of transient discomfort has been noted in some dogs when the drug was applied to fissured or denuded areas. The expression of pain may last 2 to 5 minutes.
If signs of salt and water retention or potassium excretion are noticed (increased thirst, weakness, lethargy, oliguria, gastrointestinal disturbances or tachycardia), discontinue treatment and contact your veterinarian.
For topical use on cats and dogs. Avoid contact with eyes. Application of Dermatologic Solution Tresaderm® should be limited to a period not longer than one week.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Active ingredients per ml: 40 mg Thiabendazole, 1 mg Dexamethasone, 3.2 mg Neomycin (from neomycin sulfate).
Inactive ingredients: glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, hypophosphorous acid, calcium hypophosphite; about 8.5% ethyl alcohol and about 0.5% benzyl alcohol.
Storage: Store in refrigerator: 36° - 46°F (2° - 8°C)