If you have an active or overweight dog, the ingredients in Doc Roy's® ACHES AWAY STAGE I have been formulated to provide essential nutrients to maximize the maintenance of healthy joint conditions in dogs. These three key ingredients are glucosamine hydrochloride, which enhances the body's ability to produce joint fluid, creatine monohydrate, which supplies energy to the muscle cells, and methylsufonylmethane (MSM), which helps lubricate the cartilage improving mobility. This formula comes in an easy-to-feed, roast beef and liver-flavored soft chew that dogs snap up like a reward. Pet owners know they can trust the basics of glucosamine and creatine. Antioxidants work together to combat and repair joint damage and support the body's natural defenses, so it is vital to have a variety of different antioxidants. Aches Away I is a great addition to your dog's regime for maintaining joint integrity. Highly palatable roast beef and liver flavored.
Initial Dose (4-6 weeks):
Give chew as a treat or crumble in your dog's food. Give 1-1½ chews daily up to 60 lbs.; 2 chews daily for 60-100 lbs., 2½ chews daily over 100 lbs.
Suggested Maintenance Dose:
Give ½-1 chew daily up to 60 lbs., 1-1½ chews daily for 60-100 lbs., 1½-2 chews daily over 100 lbs.
May be used with a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAIDs), such as Carprofen
.For Moderate Joint Support:Doc Roy's® ACHES AWAY STAGE IIFor Maximum Joint Support:Doc Roy's® ACHES AWAY STAGE III
|ACHES AWAY STAGE I Soft Chews|
Analysis per chew:
|Glucosamine (HCl) ||900 mg|
|Creatine Monohydrate ||750 mg|
|Methylsulfonylmethane(MSM) ||50 mg|
|Vitamin E ||25 IU|
|Citrus Bioflavonoids ||12.5 mg|
|Manganese Sulfate ||5 mg|
|Zinc Sulfate ||5 mg|
|Selenium ||5 mcg|
ACHES AWAY STAGE I helps prevent and manage arthritic joints. For use in dogs only. ACHES AWAY STAGE I Ingredients:
Glucosamine HCl (hydrochloride), Creatine Monohydrate, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Vitamin E, Citrus Bioflavonoids, Zinc Sulfate, Selenium What do the ingredients do:
- Glucosamine Hydrochloride - Building blocks of cartilage, necessary for the construction of connective tissues. It helps the body by enhancing the body's ability to produce collagen and joint fluid. It also helps supply the body with necessary materials to repair joint damage.
- Creatine Monohydrate - Necessary for the manufacture of energy required to fuel the contraction of muscles. It helps recycle and replenish energy in muscles and enhances muscle performance. It also strengthens and provides energy to muscles surrounding dog's joints and will benefit all dogs with arthritic joints.
- Manganese - Aids production of cartilage, helps normal bone development, and promotes good muscle and bone health.
- Zinc - Works with over 200 enzymes in the body for proper cell health and metabolism.
- Vitamin E - Provides important protection for damaged cells in the body and is believed to be an important tool against aging.
- Citrus Bioflavonoids - Powerful antioxidants, Citrus Bioflavonoids make up the pigments responsible for the bright colors of fruits and vegetables. They help lower cholesterol, strengthen blood vessels, and enhance the body's ability to deal with viruses and allergens.
- Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) - One of nature's sources of dietary sulfur, which is mainly used to support healthy joints and cartilage. It helps relieve the symptoms of osteoarthritis by lubricating the joint cartilage and improving mobility. When used in combination with Vitamin C, it allows more nutrients to enter the cells, helps eliminate unwanted toxins, and improves overall health.
uses MSM as an alternative to chondroitin sulfate, a natural occurring compound found in cartilage. Since MSM is a small molecule, it is readily and rapidly absorbed and transported to the joint capsule. If your dog needs chondroitin sulfate, the MSM will provide the joint with the sulfur building blocks so the dog can make its own chondroitin sulfate, if that is what the joint needs. This way, the MSM is not wasted and provides broader benefits to your dog. Soft Chews Inactive Ingredients:
Fish Oil, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Liver Powder, Magnesium Stearate, Soybean Oil, Sugar Storage:
Store at room temperature away from moisture, sunlight, and excessive heat. Cautions:
Intended for use in dogs only. Safe for use in pregnant animals and dogs with food allergies. Always consult your veterinarian before using their product in dogs with chronic medical conditions, such as a clotting disorder, diabetes, or urinary tract disease. Keep out of the reach of children and pets to prevent unwanted consumption.
Write a review
Nov 18, 2014 | By Pat Owens
Works well on older joints
Jul 24, 2014 | By Golden Girl