When your moms begin having contractions or start showing signs of eclampsia, she needs to get calcium into her system soon. Because a vet or IV therapy aren't always an option, you should have something readily available.
Breeders' Edge® Oral Cal Plus contains a unique blend of Calcium Carbonate and Milk Calcium Complex. This combination provides a fast-acting, readily absorbed calcium and a slower absorbing calcium to help mom maintain strong, normal contractions through out labor. Vitamin D combined with two forms of Magnesium enhances calcium absorption and utilization by mom. Antioxidants are included to help her body combat the stress associated with labor. Available in a 15 ml or 30 ml dial-a-dose syringe for more accurate dosing.
Please click on "Dosage" for the appropriate dosing instructions.
Oral Cal Plus:
- Directions for Puppies: Administer 1-3 cc orally depending on the severity of the dog's size and condition as diagnosed by your veterinarian. Adjust the syringe to deliver the desired amount and then administer directly into the dog's mouth or place on the dog's food.
- Directions for Moms: 1 cc/10# for dogs under 40# and 1 cc/20# over 40#. Give when starting labor and repeat after every other puppy. This speeds whelping and prevents Uterine inertia from ineffective labor preventing C-Sections
May be used with a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAIDs), such as Rimadyl
For Canine Milk Replacer:
Breeders' Edge® Foster Care™ Canine
For Feline Milk Replacer:
Breeders' Edge® Foster Care™ Feline
Please click on "Ingredients"
for a list of ingredients, storage information, and cautions.
Oral Cal Plus is a fast absorbing oral calcium supplement for use in dogs exhibiting signs of calcium deficiency. Calcium is an essential dietary element in all animals.
Breeders' Edge® Oral Cal Plus Ingredients:
Calcium Carbonate, Milk Calcium Complex, Vegetable Oil, Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D Supplement, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Proteinate, Natural and Artificial flavors, Glycerin, Silicon Dioxide, Lecithin
What do the ingredients do:
- Calcium is a mineral that is essential for the body to stay healthy and active. It makes up bones, teeth, shells, and other hard body parts. It is carried by the blood and plays an important role in the body.
- Vitamin A is essential for eye and skin health, immune system function, and bone health. It also plays an important role in reproduction and reproductive health.
- Vitamin D, also known as cholecalciferol, is actually a hormone that is produced by the body when the skin is exposed to sunlight. Vitamin D is necessary for optimal calcium absorption, which helps build strong bones and teeth.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant that supports the body's natural defenses. It provides important protection for damaged cells in the body and is believed to be an important tool against aging.
- Magnesium is concentrated in the bones and promotes good muscles and bone health.
|Ingredient Levels Per 1 mL:||Oral Cal Plus||Calsorb|
Store at room temperature. Avoid excessive heat.
Intended for use in dogs only. Always consult your veterinarian before using this product in dogs with chronic medical conditions, such as a clotting disorder, diabetes, or urinary tract disease. Consult your veterinarian for specific advice on the appropriate treatment and care of your dog. Keep out of the reach of children and pets to prevent unwanted consumption.
Please click on "Articles"
for a list of articles, FAQs, and other helpful information and tips about Breeders' Edge®
Oral Cal Plus.
Overall Customer Rating of 26 Reviews: