Vitamin K Injectable
$16.37 $18.19
In Stock
0.45 lb
100 ml
  • This product is available by prescription only.
  • Due to federal and state laws, we cannot accept returns on prescription items.
  • Rat poison treatment for animals that ate rat poison
  • Forms blood clots and prevents bleeding in animals

100 ml
If your animal ate rat poison, Vitamin K1 (Phytonadione) injectable for animals is used to form blood clots and prevent bleeding. Vitamin K1 is often used after animals eat certain kinds of mouse or rat poison that can cause severe bleeding if left untreated. Because some of these poisons stay in the body for a long period of time, treatment with vitamin K1 for may be required for several weeks.

Can be used for dogs, cats, cattle, calves, horses, swine, sheep and goats. Vitamin K1 counters hypoprothrombinemia induced by ingestion of coumarin-based compounds, which are common ingredients in commercial rodenticides.
Side Effects: If given by injection by a veterinarian, bleeding at the injection site can occur.

Warnings: The injectable form of this drug must only be given under the skin (subcutaneously). If it is given in the vein (intravenously), life- threatening allergic reactions can occur and thus, this method of giving the drug is not generally recommended.

If your animal is pregnant or nursing, talk to your veterinarian.

Overdoses can be very dangerous. Keep out of reach of children and animals.

Always follow the dosage instructions provided by your veterinarian. If you have difficulty giving the medication, contact your veterinarian.

If you miss a dose, give it as soon as you remember. If it is close to the time for the next dose, give both doses at that time.

This medication should only be given to the pet for whom it was prescribed.

Disposal of Unused Prescription Medications

  1. Return unwanted or unused medications to Revival Animal Health in person, or visit to find a pharmacy near you.
  2. A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
  3. Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.

Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here.

Disposal of Medical Sharps

  1. When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
  2. Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
  3. As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.

Disposal of Sharps Container

  1. When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
  2. Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
  3. Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.

Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.

Active Ingredients: Phytonadione (Vitamin K1)

Storage: Store Vitamin K1 in the original bottle at room temperature and protected from light.
Customer Reviews