Vanguard® Plus CPV is recommended for the vaccination of healthy dogs against diseases caused by canine Parvovirus. This is a modified live version of the virus. Extensive field safety trials conducted by Zoetis, Inc. showed it to be safe and reaction-free in dogs as young as 6 weeks of age under normal usage conditions. Recommended for use in healthy dogs 6 weeks of age or older.
For use in dogs only.
Store out of direct sunlight at 2 to 7° C (35-45° F). Do not freeze.
Prolonged exposure to higher temperatures and/or direct sunlight may adversely affect potency.
Use entire contents when first opened.
Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
Burn containers and all unused contents.
- Shake well and aseptically administer 1 ml subcutaneously or intramuscularly.
- Healthy dogs 6 weeks of age or older should receive 3 doses, each given 3 weeks apart.
- Annual revaccination with one dose is recommended.
- Contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
- Vaccinate only healthy, non-parasitized dogs.
- Do not vaccinate pregnant bitches.
- As with many vaccines, anaphylaxis may occur after use. Initial antidote of epinephrine is recommended and should be followed with appropriate supportive therapy.