Oxytetracycline Hydrochloride Soluble Powder (generic Terramycin®-343) is an antibiotic labeled for the treatment and control of specific diseases in poultry and swine. Used to treat respiratory diseases caused by specific bacteria susceptible to oxytetracyline in chickens, poultry and swine and is also used to treat Leptospirosis in breeding swine. 4.78 oz packet contains 102.4 gm Oxytetracyline. 23.9 oz packet contains 512 gm Oxytetracyline.
Requires a prescription for residents of California.
For use in chickens, turkeys and swine.
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state"s regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.
4.78 oz packet - 102.4 gm Oxytetracycline HCL
23.9 oz packet - 512 gm Oxytetracycline HCL