The Stain Kit provides consistent and high quality stains for microscope slides. For use in blood cell differential counts or as a general cytology stain. These slide stains give coloration similar to the standard Wright-Giemsa stain. The rapid 3-step procedure can be done in the wide-mouth 120ml container in 15 seconds. Includes one wide-mouth bottle of each of the 3 different components.
Cautions: Keep out of reach of children and animals. May be fatal or cause blindness if swallowed. Poison. Flammable. Vapor harmful. Causes eye irritation. Do not breathe vapor. Do not get in eyes, on skin, on clothing. Keep container closed. Use with adequate ventilation. Keep away from heat, sparks and open flame. Wash thoroughly after handling.
Storage: Store at room temperature
- The slide is allowed to air dry.
- After air drying the slide is repeatedly dipped directly into the wide mouth bottle marked #1 fixative for a total of 5 seconds. The slide is held up out of the bottle and excess fixative drained off.
- The slide is repeatedly dipped directly in bottle with component #2 for a total of 5 seconds. It also is held up out of the bottle to drain off excess stain.
- The slide is finally repeatedly dipped in component #3 bottle for 3 to 5 seconds.
- Gently rinse with distilled water and gently blot dry with a paper towel.
Always close lid tightly in the component bottles to avoid evaporation loss.