Generic 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection 0.9% is a sterile, single dose solution for fluid and electrolyte replenishment intended for intravenous administration. It contains no antimicrobial agents. For animal use only.
Store at room temperature 25°C (77°F); brief exposure up to 40°C (104°F) does not adversely affect the product.
Disposal of Unused Prescription Medications
- Return unwanted or unused medications to Revival Animal Health in person, or visit www.disposemymeds.org to find a pharmacy near you.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here
Disposal of Medical Sharps
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of Sharps Container
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.
Safe profile as there are no known contraindications.
Side effects are rare. You may see infection at the site of the injection if the IV has been administered improperly.
Use extreme caution in patients with congestive heart failure, severe renal insufficiency and in clinical states where there exists edema with sodium retention.
Do not administer unless solution is clear and.seal is intact.
Use caution when administering to patients receiving corticosteroids. Continue clinical evaluation to monitor changes in fluid and electrolyte balance during prolonged electrolyte therapy.
Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Keep out of the reach of children
Active ingredients: 0.9% Sodium Chloride in water