Save Puppy Lives!
Learn how to save the lives of puppies by learning to use the same techniques that medical hospitals use on human newborns. Because many of the problems encountered in newborns have nothing to do with genetics or birth defects, it is important for the breeder to be prepared to administer simple, straightforward measures to help a puppy in distress. Puppy Intensive Care
will teach you exactly what you need to do, how to do it, and when to do it.
Author and dog breeder Myra Savant Harris applies her experience from more than 20 years of labor and delivery and neonatal nursing to caring for newborn puppies. She gives you this information in friendly, non-technical language, as one dog breeder to another. She knows what it's like to be the only chance that a puppy has to survive.You will learn:
- How to evaluate the status of a newborn puppy so you can decide what to do for him.
- How to warm up a chilled pup, administer oxygen, and hydration.
- The best way to replace colostrum if the mom can't provide it.
- How to care for orphaned pups.
- What equipment to have on hand, where to buy it, and how to use it.
A DVD comes with the book so you can see exactly how to use these life-saving skills.
Paperback, 61 pages, copyright 2006.DVD:
32 minutes, copyright 2006.