In 15 minutes, get test results for most major feline and canine intestinal parasites. The PARATEST® is an easy to use fecal test that is non-toxic, non-hazardous and eco-friendly. It uses a biodegradable preservative to give highly effective results fast.
Helps isolate the most common intestinal parasites including tapeworms, roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, stomach worms, coccidian, giardia, flukes, larvae and more. No centrifugation needed. A microscope is needed to read the results.
Cautions: Keep out of reach of children and pets. Do not drink the solution. Avoid eye, nose and skin contact. In case of accidental ingestion seek a physician.
Storage: Store at room temperature. Do no expose to sun or heat. Does not require refrigeration.
Instructions for Use:Collection
- Add sample (approximately 2 grams) to PARATEST® bottle using collection scoop (2 cones of solid stool or 6 spoons of liquid stool).
- Use pin at bottom of vial to scrape away stool from cone.
- Sample may be stored up to 15 days prior to processing.
The SIR TechniqueS
- Ensure lid and green cap are secure.
- Shake to homogenize the sample (solid stool should be completely broken up to create a uniform mixture).
- Tap down bottle several times to clear lid of liquid.
- Remove green cap.
queeze bottle to release gases and continue to hold.I
nvert bottle so the cone end faces down.R
elease the pressure on bottle to create a vacuum as it's placed in tray.Sedimentation
- Let bottle sit inverted for 15 minutes. Patented micron filter separates debris from ova and parasites
- No centrifugation is needed.
Microscope, slides, and slide covers not includedInformation Sheet
- Lift vial from tray (do not turn vial upright).
- Discard one drop from bottle and dispense the next drop on a clean slide.
- A drop of Lugol's may be used on the slide to enhance the contrast.
- Finish with a coverslip and the sample is ready for analysis through the use of a microscope.
For use with companion animals such as dogs and cats.