Nobivac® FeLV is a feline leukemia vaccine labeled to prevent persistent viremia for 2 years after vaccination. This vaccine is approved for the vaccination of healthy cats as an aid in the prevention of lymphoid tumors caused by, and diseases associated with, feline Leukemia virus (FeLV) infection. This vaccine is the optimal choice for healthy outdoor cats. This is a killed version of the virus. Recommended for the use in healthy cats 9 weeks of age or older.
For animal use only.
Do not mix with other vaccines.
Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
Use entire contents of the vaccine when first opened.
Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
Store at 2° to 7° C (35° to 45° F). Do not freeze.
- Prior to use, warm the Nobivac FeLV to room temperature and shake well.
- Vaccinate healthy cats 9 weeks of age or older.
- Inject 1 dose (1 ml) subcutaneously or intramuscularly at 9 weeks of age or older.
- Inject 1 dose (1 ml) subcutaneously or intramuscularly 3 to 4 weeks following the initial vaccination.
- Two doses are required for the primary immunization.
- A 22 gauge needle is recommended for the vaccination of FeLV.
- Revaccinate every 2 years with a single dose.
- Contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
- Some reports suggest that in cats, the administration of certain veterinary biologicals may induce the development of injection-site fibrosarcomas.
- The use of a biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions. Antidote: Epinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
- It is important to realize that certain conditions and events may cause some cats to be unable to develop or maintain an adequate immune response following vaccination. Prior exposure to the disease, or disease latency, are conditions in which vaccination will not alter the course of the disease. Therefore, diagnostic testing of all cats for FeLV antigen prior to vaccination is recommended. Also, vaccination with this product will not offer cross-protection against feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV), another feline retrovirus.