Iverhart Max® Chews
- This product is available by prescription only.
- Due to federal and state laws, we cannot accept returns on prescription items.
Iverhart Max® chews are created to help prevent and treat your dog from heartworms, roundworms, hookworms, and tapeworms. Iverhart Max® for dogs is available by prescription only.
Iverheart Max® chewable tablets are a great option for treating and preventing heartworms for dogs. These chews are to be used every 30 days to prevent canine heartworm disease and for the treatment and control of roundworms, hookworms, and tapeworms in dogs.
Iverhart Max® is recommended for dogs eight weeks of age or older and weighing more than six pounds.
Precautions: Not for use in animals who are hypersensitive (allergic) to it.
Do not use in puppies less than eight weeks of age.
Use with caution in sick, debilitated or underweight animals, and in animals weighing less than 10 pounds.
The safety in pregnant and lactating animals has not been evaluated.
Consult with your veterinarian regarding necessary physical examinations and heartworm testing necessary prior to and during treatment with heartworm medications.
Warning: Overdoses can be very dangerous. Keep out of reach of children and animals.
Always follow the dosage instructions provided by your veterinarian. If you have difficulty giving the medication, contact your veterinarian.
If you miss a dose, give it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the one you missed and go back to the regular schedule. Do not give two doses at once.
This medication should only be given to the pet for whom it was prescribed.
Disposal of Unused Prescription Medications
- Return unwanted or unused medications to Revival Animal Health in person, or visit www.disposemymeds.org to find a pharmacy near you.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here.
Disposal of Medical Sharps
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of Sharps Container
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.
Storage: Store at 68° to 77°F, excursions permitted between 59° to 86°F. Protect from light.