Vanguard Feline RCP+Ch is recommended for the vaccination of healthy cats as an aid in preventing feline Rhinotracheitis caused by feline Herpesvirus-1, feline Respiratory Disease caused by feline Calicivirus, feline Panleukopenia caused by feline Parvovirus, and feline Chlamydiosis caused by Chlamydia psittaci. All viruses and bacteria in this vaccine are modified live versions.
For use in cats only.
Store at 2 to 7° C. Do not freeze.
Use entire contents when first opened.
Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
Burn containers and all unused contents.
- Vaccination of healthy cats is recommended. Aseptically rehydrate the freeze-dried vaccine with the sterile diluent provided, shake well, and administer 1 ml intramuscularly or subcutaneously.
- Healthy cats 12 weeks of age or older should receive 2 doses administered 3-4 weeks apart. Cats vaccinated at less than 12 weeks of age should be revaccinated at 12 weeks of age.
- Annual revaccination with a single dose is recommended.
- Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
- Vaccinate only healthy, non-parasitized cats.
- Do not vaccinate pregnant queens.
- As with many vaccines, anaphylaxis may occur after use. Initial antidote of epinephrine is recommended and should be followed with appropriate supportive therapy.
- The use of this product has been associated with fever, anorexia, and lethargy in 1% of vaccinated cats, often occurring in clusters in association with multiple concurrent vaccinations. The onset is typically delayed 7-21 days after vaccination. Symptoms may persist for 3-30 days with an average of 12 days after onset. Veterinary intervention may be required.