Used by professionals and perfect for every pet owner, the Andis® Nail Grinder is lightweight, portable, and whisper quiet. With a 3-hour run time, you can trim your animal's nails safely and efficiently. Running low on power? Plug the charging cord into the nail grinder and continue trimming nails while the lithium battery recharges. Kit includes nail grinder, charging adapter, multi-function protective cap, grinding wheel and finishing stone.
Caution: Keep away from children. Do not touch moving parts. Keep away from water. Dispose of battery properly.
Battery: Lithium-ion battery
nail grinder comes with NORMAL and TURBO speed operation. Use the NORMAL setting for most nail grinding needs. Use the TURBO setting for large dogs.
- Turn on nail grinder; it will start at NORMAL speed. To use the TURBO speed, double click the POWER button.
- Separate the dog's toes by placing your thumb between the pads and hold foot securely. Push long hair away from the foot to avoid tangling or pulling. You can try placing a nylon stocking over the foot and pushing nails through the nylon to allow easy access to nails while keeping hair out of the way.
- Support the toe and nail in one hand while using the nail grinder in the other hand. This keeps vibrations to a minimum and is more comfortable for the dog.
- To get a smooth edge, grind from the bottom of the nail up towards the tip.
- Use a continuous side-to-side motion when grinding each nail; holding the tip in one place too long can cause unevenness and over-grinding. Do not keep the grinding wheel or stone against the nail for longer than three seconds at a time.
- IMPORTANT: Do not apply excessive force when grinding. Let the speed of the grinder do the work. Do not apply pressure to the nail with the spinning grinding wheel. Pressure causes the nail to get hot and will cause pain to the dog.
- Keep the nail grinder away from the nail when first starting, or the grinder may "grab" the nail and cause loss of control or injury to the dog.