Managing the Valuable Brood DogLast updated: May 13, 2020
What is a brood dog?A brood dog is a female dog used for breeding. This webinar is full of tips for dog breeding. Dr. Marty Greer, Revival's Director of Veterinary Services, will help you improve the reproductive capabilities of breeding female dogs.
Throughout the webinar Dr. Greer will discuss:
- The physical condition of a breeding dog
- Pre-breeding health screenings
- What should dogs be tested for before breeding
- Vaccination protocols for breeding females
- Optimal nutrition for breeding dogs
- Parasite control that will impact the health of the female and her pups
- The ideal environment for breeding dogs
- What is the best time for breeding dogs
- How to best time her breeding, for maximal fertility and to time her whelping
This webinar is full of tips on what to do before breeding your dog and is useful for both the experienced breeder as well as those just getting a breeding program started. If you have any questions or need help, call us at 800.786.4751.
What Do You Need to Breed a Dog? Shop This Webinar!Some of the products Dr. Greer mentions in this webinar include:
Breeder's Edge Oral Cal Plus gel
Breeder's Edge Oral Cal Plus powder
Breeder's Edge Oxy Mate
Breeder's Edge B Strong powder
B Strong liquid
Puppywarmer Oxygen Concentrator
Canine Reproduction and Neonatology (book)
Canine Brucellosis Antibody Test Kit
Pet Heat Mat
Disinfection Foot Mat
ThunderEase Calming Diffuser Kit
Marty Greer, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, has 35+ years' experience in veterinary medicine, with special interests in canine reproduction and pediatrics. She received her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from Iowa State University in 1981. She's served as Revival's Director of Veterinary Services since 2019.
The materials, information and answers provided through this website are not intended to replace the medical advice or services of your personal veterinarian or other pet health care professional. Consult your own veterinarian for answers to specific medical questions, including diagnosis, treatment, therapy or medical attention.