What Dewormers for Dogs Can I Buy from Revival Animal Health?
At Revival we offer dog dewormers containing fenbendazole for dogs, praziquantel for dogs, ivermectin for dogs, pyrantel for dogs and more. Revival offers both non-prescription and prescription dewormers for dogs. If you use a prescription dog dewormer, the Revival Pharmacy Team is here to help you get your dog's prescription delivered easily and quickly. Knowing which dog dewormer to choose can be tricky. That's why our Revival Pet Care Pros are here to help answer any questions you many have. Give them a call at 800.786.4751
A deworming product is designed to protect your dog or puppy from several types of intestinal parasites such as hookworms, whipworms, roundworms and tapeworms. Dog dewormers can also help to prevent heartworm. Knowing what parasite to protect against is important when choosing dewormer for puppies and dogs. Not all dog dewormers protect against the same parasites.
What Are the Symptoms of Worms in Dogs?
Parasites and worms are likely to drag your dog down. Other common symptoms of worms in dogs and puppies include:
- Dull coat with shedding issues
- Unthrifty appearance
- GI upset
- Visible in stool
How to Protect Your Dog from Worms and Parasites
There are several deworming treatments for dogs available. Whether you are using a prescription dog dewormer or a non-prescription dewormer for dogs, the best deworming program involves getting the dog dewormed before the parasites cause medical issues.
Dog deworming medicines and preventatives come in a variety of forms, including:
- Topical Dog Dewormer: Advantage Multi for Dogs is a prescription monthly topical that kills roundworms, hookworms and whipworms as well as helps prevent heartworm disease. Prescription Revolution topical for dogs treats fleas, ear mites and helps prevent heartworm.
- Dog Dewormer Tablets: Prescription Metronidazole for dogs is effective against intestinal parasites such as Giardia. Drontal Plus for Dogs and Puppies is a prescription tablet that helps control tapeworm, roundworm, hookworm and whipworms in dogs. Interceptor for Dogs is a once a month flavored tablet that helps control heartworm, roundworm, hookworm and whipworms.A non prescription dog deworming tablet such as Tapeworm Dewormer praziquantel tablets for dogs remove tapeworms in just one dose.
- Liquid Dewormer for Dogs: Sentry WormX DS Liquid Dewormer for dogs and puppies is a liquid wormer for dogs that removes roundworms and hookworms.
- Deworming Injection for Dogs: Praziquantel Injectable Solution is a tapeworm treatment for dogs.
- Chewable Dewormer for Dogs: Worm X Plus Dewormer for dogs is a non-prescription flavored chewable that treats tapeworms, hookworms and roundworms. Virbantel Flavored Chewables removes roundworms, tapeworms and hookworms. Quad Dewormer for dogs are chewable tablets that remove parasites such as tapeworms, hookworms and roundworms. Meanwhile, prescription Heartgard Canine chewables helps prevent heartworm. Tri-Heart Plus for dogs helps prevent canine heartworm, roundworm and hookworm.
- Dewormer Powder for Dogs: Panacur C Canine Dewormer treats and controls roundworms, hookworms, whipworms and tapeworms in dogs and puppies.
Can I Buy Dog Dewormers Online
Yes! Revival Animal Health offers a wide selection of dog dewormers that you can order online and have delivered to your door. We sell products to help treat and prevent coccidia, giardia, heartworm, tapeworms, roundworms, hookworms, and whipworms.
Dog Deworming FAQ
- How Often Should You Deworm Your Dog?
The best dog deworming schedule
depends on your dog's lifestyle. Outdoor dogs will be exposed to more parasites than those living indoors. A general guideline is to deworm adult dogs twice a year. If you don't know the dog's deworming history, the dog is young or the dog is used for breeding you will want to follow appropriate deworming guidelines and adjust to your dog's circumstances.
- Can You Deworm a Pregnant Dog?
Yes! Panacur C Canine Dewormer is safe for pregnant dogs
, however not all dewormers are safe for breeding dogs. Be sure to read the label or check with your vet before giving a pregnant or nursing dog a dewormer.
- What is the Best Deworming Medicine for Dogs?
The best dog dewormer for your dog, depends on your dog. Topical, tablets, chewable, powder or injectable deworming options are all available. If your dog is pregnant, nursing or could become pregnant make sure the dewormer you choose is safe for use in breeding dogs. Deworming a dog can be an easy task if you match the product up with the size of the dog and the ease of handling.
- Can You Give Dewormer to Puppies
There are times puppies are born with roundworms or they become infected through the milk from their mom. Therefore, deworming puppies is important. It is recommended to deworm puppies at two, four, six and eight weeks old and again at 12 and 16 weeks of age. Deworm puppies again when the reach the age of six months and one year.
Find the Right Dewormer for Your Dog with Revival Animal Health
Shop Revival's large selection of canine dewormer and parasite medications. If you aren't sure how to deworm your puppy or dog or you need help to determine which dewormer is best for your dog, call our Pet Care Pros at 800.786.4751 and they are happy to help.