Vanguard® DAMP is recommended for the vaccination of healthy dogs as an aid in preventing canine Distemper, Adenovirus Type 1 (Hepatitis), Adenovirus Type 2 (Respiratory Disease), Measles, and Parainfluenza. All viruses in this vaccine are modified live versions of the virus. The Adenovirus Type 2 cross-immunizes against Adenovirus Type 1 to help protect dogs against infectious canine Hepatitis without producing post-vaccination side effects that are sometimes associated with Adenovirus Type 1 vaccines. Recommended for the vaccination of healthy dogs 6 weeks of age or older.
For use in dogs only.
Store out of direct sunlight at 2 to 7° C (35-45° F). Do not freeze.
Prolonged exposure to higher temperatures and/or direct sunlight may adversely affect potency.
Use entire contents when first opened.
Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
Burn containers and all unused contents.
- Aseptically rehydrate the freeze-dried vaccine with the sterile diluent provided and shake well.
- Administer a single 1 ml dose intramuscularly to healthy dogs between 6 and 12 weeks of age.
- Dogs should be revaccinated at 14 to 16 weeks of age with a canine Distemper, canine Adenovirus Type 2, and canine Parainfluenza vaccine.
- Annual revaccination with one dose is recommended.
- Contains penicillin and streptomycin as preservatives.
- Vaccinate only healthy, non-parasitized dogs.
- Do not vaccinate pregnant bitches.
- As with many vaccines, anaphylaxis may occur after use. Initial antidote of epinephrine is recommended and should be followed with appropriate supportive therapy.