Breeders' Edge® Nurture Mate is rich in colostrum, protein, and other beneficial nutrients. This easy-to-use gel is just what you need to help get puppies, kittens, and foals off to a healthy start in life. Provides newborns with the energy to nurse aggressively and obtain their needed nutrition. An alternative source of colostrum, it helps support a strong immune system in the first days of life. Also good for times of reduced appetites and digestive disorders. Comes in calibrated syringes for easy and accurate dosing.
Directions for Newborns:
Administer the following dose as soon as possible after birth or when reduced appetite or digestive irregularities are observed. Puppies - 2 ml; Kitten - 2 ml; Foals - 30 ml. Additional feeding as needed. Administer at room temperature.
May be used with a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAIDs), such as Rimadyl or Deramaxx
For Canine Milk Replacer:Breeders' Edge® Foster Care CanineFor Feline Milk Replacer:Breeders' Edge® Foster Care Feline
Nurture Mate is a supplement delivering colostrum to help newborn puppies, kittens, and foals get off to a healthy start and having a strong immune system. Also good for times of reduced appetites and digestive disorders. Breeders' Edge® Nurture Mate Ingredients:
Condensed Whey (Colostrum); Sodium Benzoate and EDTA (Preservatives); D-Biotin; Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12); and Folic Acid. What do the ingredients do:
- Colostrum is an extremely important part of early nutrition for young animals. It is very rich in protein, minerals, and antibodies. It is low in fat and essential for getting the animal off to a healthy start in life.
- Colostrum also contains a number of important, naturally occurring minerals. These include:
- B-Vitamins are used to metabolize protein and fats within the body. They are essential for healthy hair, coat, skin, eyes, and liver and encourage the proper function of the central nervous system.
- Thiamine, also known as Vitamin B1 essential to the body to process carbohydrates. It is also important for the development and operation of nerves, muscle cells, and brain functions.
- Riboflavin, Vitamin B2, helps the body by stimulating metabolism and assisting in the digestion and absorption of fats, carbohydrates, and proteins.
- Pantothenic Acid, commonly known as Vitamin B5, helps convert carbohydrates into fuel inside the body and produces energy.
- Pyridoxine, Vitamin B6, is necessary to maintain the balance of sodium and potassium in the body, and encourages red blood cell production. It also assists the body in converting carbohydrates to glucose, which is used as the body's energy source.
- Biotin, also known as Vitamin B7, is important in the metabolic functions of the body, including cell growth, the synthesis of fatty acids, and the metabolism of amino acids. It also assists in the process of the body converting food into energy and the transfer of carbon dioxide within the body.
- Folic Acid, Vitamin B9, helps the animal stay healthy by supporting the body's ability to produce red blood cells.
- Cyanocobalamin is commonly referred to as Vitamin B12. This vitamin is required for the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates, the production of red blood cells, and normal brain functioning.
- Sodium Benzoate is used as a preservative and works well at killing bacteria, yeast, and fungi.
|Nurture Mate Analysis|
per 30mL syringe:
|Crude Protein (Min.) ||1%|
|Crude Fat (Min.) ||0.1%|
|Crude Fiber (Max.) ||0.1%|
To maintain maximum freshness, refrigerate after opening. Keep from freezing. Avoid excessive heat. Cautions:
Intended for use in dogs, cats, and horses. Safe for animals with food allergies. Always consult your veterinarian before using this product in animals with chronic medical conditions, such as a clotting disorder, diabetes, or urinary tract disease. Consult your veterinarian for specific advice on the appropriate treatment and care of your animal. Keep out of the reach of children and pets to prevent unwanted consumption.
Write a review
Jun 6, 2016 | By Jenne
May 22, 2016 | By Cd
Works great/dispensing horrible!
Apr 20, 2016 | By Connie
Jan 29, 2016 | By RMGBULLDOGS
A must have for dog breeders
Sep 12, 2014 | By Dora
Apr 25, 2014 | By Janette
Apr 16, 2014 | By Storm Stopping Bulldogs