1. The injection site is in between the shoulder blades of your animal (Trapezius Muscle). The chip should be injected deep subcutaneously.
2. Prepare the site by administering alcohol to disinfect the area.
3. "Tent" the skin. Place the needle at the base of the "tent" at a 45 degree angle from the dorsal (back) midline, as when giving a vaccination.
4. Insert the needle fully until the hub comes into contact with the skin.
5. Slowly depress the syringe plunger to implant the microchip.
6. Apply pressure on the injection site as the needle is withdrawn to prevent the chip from following the needle out of the track.
The materials, information and answers provided through this website are not intended to replace the medical advice or services of a qualified veterinarian or other pet health care professional. Consult your own veterinarian for answers to specific medical questions, including diagnosis, treatment, therapy or medical attention.
|Return to Articles|
To Learn MoreThe Importance of Pet Microchip Registration
Why Microchip Your Dog, Cat and other Pets
Where, Oh Where Did My Little Dog Go
5 Facts About Pet Microchips