Home > All Pet Supplies >
Azithromycin Tablets (Generic)
Item #: 80133-475
Availability: In Stock
Usually ships In 1-2 Business Days
Label may be different than shown.
- Azithromycin Tablets (Generic) is a broad-spectrum antibiotic used to treat a variety of bacterial infections including Bordetella and Chlamydia
- Rapidly absorbed following administration
- Same active ingredients as Zithromax®
This product is available by prescription only.
How to Order Prescription Medications
Prescription Authorization Form (PDF)
*Due to federal and state law, we cannot accept returns on prescription items.
*Revival Animal Health is licensed to sell prescriptions in 37 states. Click here to see the state list.
Azithromycin Tablets (Generic) is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that is effective against a variety of bacterial infections, including Bordetella and Chlamydia. It is readily absorbed into the body and quickly distributed. Bacteria susceptible to treatment with Azithromycin includes: Chlamydophila pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, Mycoplasma pneumonia, Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcus pneumonia. The easy-to-use tablets are safe to use in dogs, cats, rabbits and other animals.
Note: Azithromycin demonstrates cross resistance with erythromycin-resistant gram-positive strains. Most strains of Enterococcus faecalis and methicillin-resistant staphylococci are resistant to azithromycin.
Active ingredient: Azithromycin
Tell your veterinarian about any other medications or supplements your pet is taking in order to avoid drug interactions.
The most common side effects are gastrointestinal, such as vomiting and diarrhea.
Do not use in animals that are allergic to azithromycin or other macrolide antibiotics.
Use with caution in animals with liver disease.
Safety in pregnant and lactating animals has not been determined.
Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Keep out of the reach of children
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.