Home > All Pet Supplies >
Vetmedin Chewable Tablets
Item #: 80153-629-626
Availability: In Stock
Usually ships In 1-2 Business Days
Vetmedin® Chewable Tablets is indicated for the management of the signs of mild, moderate or severe congestive heart failure due to atrioventricular valvular insufficiency (AVVI) or dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM). As a vasodilator, it dilates the veins and arteries to ease the workload on the dog's failing heart. It also increases the heart's ability to contract and pump blood.
Active ingredient: Pimobendan.
Effective with a wide margin of safety.
The most common side effects include poor appetite, lethargy, diarrhea, dyspnea, azotemia, weakness and ataxia.
Use only in dogs with clinical evidence of heart failure. Do not use in dogs with hypersensitivity to pimobendan. Should not be given in cases of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, aortic stenosis and any other clinical condition where an augmentation of cardiac output is inappropriate for functional or anatomical reasons, though these conditions are rare.
Talk to your veterinarian about any medications or supplements your pet is taking in case of possible drug interactions. Safety has not been established in dogs with asymptomatic heart disease or heart failure that is not caused by AVVI or DCM. Safety has not been established in dogs under 6 months, dogs with congenital heart defects, diabetes mellitus, serious metabolic diseases, or in breeding, pregnant or lactating bitches.
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container “Livestock Sharps” to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state’s regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.