- Vanguard® Plus 5 L4 CV prevents Canine Distemper, Adenovirus Type 1 (Hepatitis), Adenovirus Type 2 (Respiratory Disease), Parainfluenza, Parvovirus - Modified Live Virus
- Coronavirus, Leptospira Bacterin (L. canicola, L. grippotyphosa, L. icterohaemorrhagiae, & L. pomona) - Killed Virus
- Injectable vaccination
- Don't forget to order syringes, needles, and health records.
- If the temperature is above 80° add Extra Ice to ensure your vaccines arrive cool.
- Vaccines are non-returnable
Vaccines with live viruses cannot be shipped to Minnesota without a valid prescription. Please see our Pet Pharmacy
for ordering information.
Vanguard® Plus 5 L4 CV
is recommended for the vaccination of healthy dogs against diseases caused by canine distemper, adenovirus type 1 (hepatitis), adenovirus type 2 (respiratory disease), parainfluenza, parvovirus, coronavirus, and 4 stains of leptospiral bacterin (L. canicola
, L. grippotyphosa
, L. icterohaemorrhagiae
, & L. pomona
). Distemper, adenovirus, parainfluenza, and parvovirus are modified live versions of the virus. Coronavirus, Leptospira canicola
, Leptospira grippotyphosa
, Leptospira icterohaemorrhagiae
, and Leptospira pomona
are killed versions of the virus. Recommended for use in healthy dogs 6 weeks of age or older.
- Vaccination of healthy dogs 6 weeks of age or older.
- Aseptically rehydrate the freeze-dried vaccine with the adjuvanted liquid vaccine.
- Shake well and administer 1mL subcutaneously or intramuscularly.
- Primary vaccination: Healthy dogs should receive 3 doses administerd 3 weeks apart.
- Annual revaccination with one dose is recommended.
- Store out of direct sunlight at 35-45°F (2-7°C).
- Prolonged exposure to higher temperature and/or direct sunlight may adversely affect potency. Do not freeze
- Use entire contents when first opened.
- Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
- Burn vaccine container and all unused contents
- Contains Gentamicin as a preservative
- Vaccinate only healthy, non-parasitized dogs
- Do not vaccinate pregnant bitches
- The use of a biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-medicated hypersensitivity reactions. Antidote: Epinephrine, corticosteriods, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.