Vanguard® Plus 5 L4 CV is recommended for the vaccination of healthy dogs as an aid in preventing canine Distemper, Adenovirus Type 1 (Hepatitis), Adenovirus Type 2 (Respiratory Disease), Parainfluenza, Parvovirus, Coronavirus, and 4 strains of Leptospira bacterin (L. canicola, L. grippotyphosa, L. icterohaemorrhagiae, & L. pomona). Distemper, Adenovirus, Parainfluenza, and Parvovirus are modified live versions of the virus. Coronavirus is a killed version of the virus. Leptospira canicola, Leptospira grippotyphosa, Leptospira icterohaemorrhagiae, and Leptospira pomona are killed bacteria. Recommended for use in healthy dogs 6 weeks of age or older.
For use in dogs only.
Store out of direct sunlight at 2 to 7° C. Do not freeze.
Prolonged exposure to higher temperatures and/or direct sunlight may adversely affect potency.
Use entire contents when first opened.
Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
Burn containers and all unused contents.
- Aseptically rehydrate the freeze-dried vaccine (Vanguard Plus 5 L4) with the accompanying vial of adjuvanted liquid vaccine (Vanguard CV).
- Shake well and administer 1 ml subcutaneously or intramuscularly.
- Healthy dogs should receive 2 doses, each given 3 weeks apart, followed by a single dose of Vanguard CV 3 weeks later
- To avoid the potential for maternal antibody interference, dogs vaccinated at less than 9 weeks of age should receive 3 doses, each administered 3 weeks apart.
- Annual revaccination with one dose is recommended.
- Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
- Vaccinate only healthy, non-parasitized dogs.
- Do not vaccinate pregnant bitches.
- In case of anaphylaxis, administer epinephrine.