Directions for Use:
is for use in domestic microwaves only (max 1500 watts). Make sure your oven interior is clean. Food and drink residue can affect the heating performance of the heat pad and could result in over heating. Do not heat more than one Snuggle Safe® at a time.
1. Place the Snuggle Safe®
on the microwave turntable, select full power and set the timer according to the chart below. If your microwave does not have a turntable, we recommend that you heat the Snuggle Safe®
for half of the recommended time, then flip it over and heat for the remaining time. Turn the microwave off when you flip the product.
Do not exceed the stated times.
|Power of Microwave
2. When you have selected the correct time, start the timer.
3. When the time cycle has finished, leave the Snuggle Safe®
in the microwave for another minute. During this extra minute, the temperature of the Snuggle Safe®
will continue to heat up even though the power is off. After this extra minute, the temperature of the Snuggle Safe®
will have stabilized.
4. Before removing from the microwave, visually check that you have not accidentally over-heated the Snuggle Safe®
. Then satisfied that the Snuggle Safe®
has not been over-heated, remove from the microwave.
Caution: the Snuggle Safe® surface will be hot (surface temperature approximately 149°). If not in its cover, use a cloth or oven mitt to handle it.
5. Place Snuggle Safe®
under your pet's bedding or under a loose blanket. If you use the cover, it is not necessary to place it under bedding, but you must ensure that your pet cannot touch the heat pad's surface, which will be hot. Ideally, there should be good insulation under Snuggle Safe®
, as this will help to reduce heat loss downwards, thereby extending the heat output.
Do not place an uncovered Snuggle Safe®
in direct contact with your pet's body as this might cause skin burns in some circumstances. Do not use with any animal that is unconscious or otherwise unable to react to thermal discomfort.
Allow Snuggle Safe®
to completely cool down before reheating.
is sturdy and scratch/bite resistant. However, it is not a chew toy, so do not allow your pet to chew on it.