Prescription required Sentinel Spectrum for dogs is a unique new soft-chew providing protection against heartworms, roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, fleas and tapeworms. The beef and bacon flavored soft-chew is readily accepted by dogs 6 weeks of age or older and is administered once a month after or in conjunction with a normal meal to ensure adequate absorption. The active ingredients are Milbemycin Oxime, a proven heartworm preventative; Lufenuron, which stops fleas from becoming adults; and Praziquantel, effective against tapeworms, roundworms, hookworms and whipworms. Sentinel Spectrum contains six chews per package and is available in four strengths formulated according to the weight of the dog. The orange package is for dogs 2-8 lbs, green is for dogs 8.1-25 lbs, yellow is for dogs 25.1-50 lbs and blue is for dogs 50.1 - 100 lbs. Dogs should be tested for heartworm prior to use. Precautions: Treatment with fewer than 6 monthly doses after the last exposure to mosquitoes many not provide complete heartworm prevention. The safety of Sentinel Spectrum has not been evaluated in dogs used for breeding or lactating females.
Milbemycin Oxime, Lufenuron, Praziquantel
Store at room temperature, between 59° and 77° F (15-25° C)
For use in dogs 6 weeks of age and older. Choose the package that matches the dog's weight. Administer soft-chew immediately after or in conjunction with a normal meal. Must be administered monthly for at least 6 months after exposure to mosquitoes. Dogs should be tested for heartworm prior to use. See full product insert.
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.