Item #: 80148-189
- Regu-Mate® contains altrenogest, a hormone that suppresses estrus in mares to keep them from cycling
- Helps alleviate the moodiness and temperament changes associated with estrus
- Allows for scheduled breeding during breeding season
This product is available by prescription only.
How to Order Prescription Medications
Prescription Authorization Form (PDF)
*Due to federal and state law, we cannot accept returns on prescription items.
*Revival Animal Health is licensed to sell prescriptions in 39 states. Click here to see the state list.
Regu-Mate® contains altrenogest, a hormone that suppresses estrus in mares to keep them from cycling. Helps alleviate the moodiness and temperament changes associated with estrus, while allowing for scheduled breeding during breeding season.
Specific uses include:
1. For regular cycles during the transition period from winter anestrous to physiological breeding season.
2. Management of mares with prolonged estrus during the transition period.
3. To permit scheduled breeding during the breeding season.
Active ingredient: Altrenogest.
Safe when given according to veterinarian's recommendations, including using proper handling techniques.
Usually there are few side effects in horses. May see possible changes in blood calcium, potassium and some liver enzymes.
Do not use in mares with current or previous uterine inflammation, as the infection may get worse. Do not use in horses intended for human consumption. Always wear protective gloves when handling Regu-Mate, since the solution is easily absorbed through skin contact.
Avoid skin contact. Talk to your veterinarian about proper handling procedures. Pregnant women and women of childbearing age should use extreme caution when handling this product, as it may cause disruption of the menstrual cycle, uterine or abdominal cramping, uterine bleeding, prolongation of pregnancy or headaches.
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container “Livestock Sharps” to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state’s regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.