Home > All Pet Supplies >
Profender for Cats
Item #: 80330-838
Availability: In Stock
Usually ships In 1-2 Business Days
- Profender® for Cats treats and controls roundworms, hookworms, and tapeworms
- Kills both species of tapeworms commonly found in cats
- Easy and convenient topical form
- Powerful, broad-spectrum treatment
This product is available by prescription only.
How to Order Prescription Medications
Prescription Authorization Form (PDF)
*Due to federal and state law, we cannot accept returns on prescription items.
*Revival Animal Health is licensed to sell prescriptions in 37 states. Click here to see the state list.
With just one treatment of Profender for Cats, you can treat and control the roundworms, hookworms and tapeworms in your cat. This products kills both species of tapeworms commonly found in cats. The ready-to-use tubes make it a simple application, so there are no more struggling cats or stressed-out owners. A powerful treatment for worms in a convenient topical application. Not for use in kittens under 8 weeks of age or 5.5 lbs.
Active Ingredients: 1.98% Emodepside and 7.94% Praziquantel
Store at or below 77°F (25°C). Protect from freezing.
Safety and effectiveness is dependent on correct administration.
Side effects may include excessive grooming, scratching, salivation, lethargy, alopecia, vomiting, diarrhea, nervousness, or eye irritation.
Not for human use. To prevent accidental ingestion of the product, children should not come in contact with the application site for 24 hours while the product is being absorbed. Pregnant women, or women who may become pregnant, should avoid direct contact with, or wear disposable gloves when applying, this product.
Do not get this product in the cat's mouth or eyes or allow the cat to lick the application site for one hour. Oral exposure can cause salivating and vomiting.
In households with multiple pets, keep animals separate to prevent licking of the application site.
Use with caution in sick or debilitated cats.
The effectiveness of this product when used before bathing has not been evaluated.
The safety of this product has not been established in breeding, pregnant, or lactating cats.
Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Keep out of the reach of children
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.