Home > All Pet Supplies >
Item #: 80146-795-499
Availability: In Stock
Usually ships In 1-2 Business Days
- Previcox® Chewable Tablets provides highly effective relief for the pain and inflammation of canine osteoarthritis
- A non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drug that helps control the effects of canine arthritis and improve quality of life
- Convenient to administer and palatable to dogs
Now available in single doses! Easily order tablets in the specific quantity prescribed by your veterinarian.
This product is available by prescription only.
How to Order Prescription Medications
Prescription Authorization Form (PDF)
*Due to federal and state law, we cannot accept returns on prescription items.
*Revival Animal Health is licensed to sell prescriptions in 37 states. Click here to see the state list.
Previcox® is a non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that provides highly effective relief for the pain and inflammation of osteoarthritis. Previcox® is not a cure, but with regular therapy, it can help control the effects of canine arthritis and improve your dog's mobility and quality of life. This product is fast-acting, working against pain and inflammation of dog arthritis within hours of the first treatment. Previcox® Chewable Tablets also help to control postoperative pain and inflammation associated with soft-tissue and orthopedic surgery in dogs.
Contraindications: Dogs with known hypersensitivity to firocoxib should not receive Previcox®.
Active ingredient: Firocoxib
Store at room temperature, 59-86°F (15-30°C).
Safe when given according to veterinarian's prescription. However, like other drugs in its class, Previcox is not free from adverse reactions.
Side effects may include vomiting, diarrhea, decreased appetite, lethargy, anemia, jaundice, incoordination or behavioral changes. Serious adverse reactions associated with this drug class can occur without warning and in rare situations result in death.
Not for use in humans. For oral use in dogs only. Do not use in dogs who are hypersensitive to firocoxib or other NSAIDs. Do not use in conjunction with other corticosteroids or NSAIDs, and talk to your veterinarian about any other medications your pet may be taking. Do not use in dogs under 12.5 lbs, as accurate dosing cannot be established. Do not use in cats.
Safety has not been established in breeding, pregnant or lactating dogs.
Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Keep out of the reach of children
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.