Home > All Pet Supplies >
Pancrezyme Powder (Generic)
Item #: 80159-209
Availability: In Stock
Usually ships In 1-2 Business Days
Label may be different than shown.
- Pancrezyme Powder (Generic) treats dogs and cats with pancreatic insufficiency
- Contains a pancreatic enzyme concentrate derived from whole raw porcine pancreas
- Effectively aids the digestion of protein, carbohydrates and fats
This product is available by prescription only.
How to Order Prescription Medications
Prescription Authorization Form (PDF)
*Due to federal and state law, we cannot accept returns on prescription items.
*Revival Animal Health is licensed to sell prescriptions in 38 states. Click here to see the state list.
Generic Pancrezyme Powder is used to treat dogs and cats with deficient exocrine pancreatic secretions. Uses enzyme replacement therapy to aid in the digestion of carbohydrate, protein and fat due to Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI).
Symptoms of EPI may include chronic diarrhea, weight loss despite a normal or increased appetite, frequent or greater amounts of stool and gas; and coprophagia.
With regular therapy, diarrhea will stop and the animal’s weight and haircoat will return to normal.
EPI is most commonly caused when the pancreatic acinar cells fail to function properly causing insufficient digestion of starches, fats and proteins. This is called idiopathic pancreatic acinar atrophy (PAA).
The second most common cause is pancreatitis or chronic inflammation of the pancreas. If this is the cause, your pet may have diabetes.
Made with activated whole raw pancreas of porcine origin. Contains amylase, protease and lipase with additional esterases, peptidases, nucleases and elastase.
Active ingredients: Each teaspoonful (2.8 g) contains:
Lipase: 71,400 USP units
Protease: 388,000 USP units
Amylase: 460,000 USP units
Store in original container at temperatures below 77° F (25° C). Keep out of sunlight. Keep container tightly closed in a cool dry place.
Safe when given according to veterinarian's prescription.
When given in high doses, diarrhea, cramping, excessive gas or vomiting may occur. If you notice these signs in your pet, contact your veterinarian, as this may be a sign of overdose.
Precautions: Discontinue use in animals with symptoms of sensitivity.
Wash hands after dispensing and before eating, drinking or smoking.
Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Keep out of the reach of children
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.