Home > All Pet Supplies >
Oxytocin Injection Generic
Item #: 80145-181
Availability: In Stock
Usually ships In 1-2 Business Days
Label may be different than shown.
- Oxytocin Injection helps to induce labor and accelerate normal parturition
- Helps with postpartum evacuation
- Used for postoperative contraction of the uterus following C-Section
This product is available by prescription only.
How to Order Prescription Medications
Prescription Authorization Form (PDF)
*Due to federal and state law, we cannot accept returns on prescription items.
*Revival Animal Health is licensed to sell prescriptions in 36 states. Click here to see the state list.
Oxytocin Injection (Generic) is used to help precipitate labor, accelerate normal parturition, and help with postpartum evacuation of the uterine debris. It is also used as for postoperative contraction of the uterus following cesarean section to control uterine hemorrhage. Oxytocin is also helpful for the let-down of milk in mothers with adequate milk production. For animal use only. Do not freeze.
Store at controlled room temperature. Do not freeze.
Active ingredients: Purified Oxytocic Principle (20 USP Units per ml)
Inactive ingredients: Sterile Aqueous Solution
Safe when administered according to veterinarians prescription and direction, when birthing situation is appropriate.
Uterine cramping or discomfort may occur. If used when abnormalities such as fetus malposition or large size may affect delivery, uterine rupture, fetal injury or death may occur.
Not for animals that have difficulty giving birth due to a variety of conditions: fetus malposition, small pelvis, large fetus or during cesarean section.
Oxytocin is a very potent formula and should be administered with caution. Wait until full dilation or the cervix and ensure fetus is in proper position for birth before administering oxytocin therapy.
Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Keep out of the reach of children
Disposal of unused prescription medications:
- Revival Animal Health participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System which provides an environmentally safe destruction program.
- The preferred method of drug disposal is to return the unwanted product to a pharmacy that participates in the Take Away Environmental Return System. Seek a local pharmacy that participates in this program for safe disposal.
- A secondary method of drug disposal is to remove the unwanted medication from any wrappers or containers and place it in a plastic bag with moist coffee grounds or cat litter. This can be disposed of in the regular garbage collection.
- Please do NOT dispose of unwanted meds down the drain or toilet, as this may eventually find its way into the human water supply.
Learn more about disposal of unused prescription medications here
Disposal of medical sharps:
- When you're finished with the syringe and needle, do not try to recap, remove, bend or break the needle. This is where most injuries occur.
- Dispose the syringe and needle immediately in a nearby sharps container. All sharps must be deposited in a puncture-proof container. Make sure your storage location is child and animal proof.
- As with all product handling, make sure you wash your hands after handling medical sharps.
Disposal of sharps container:
- When your sharps container is half-full, sift dry Portland Cement throughout the sharps. Fill the container with water, and rotate until the cement is mixed and the sharps have been distributed throughout the cement mixture. Let cement dry for 24 hours.
- Seal the lid of the container tightly and use duct tape to seal. Label the container "Livestock Sharps" to properly identify the contents.
- Dispose of the containers in accordance with your state's regulations.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. − 4:30 p.m. CST.